Immigration Services – Introduction

Immigration Services are required for people visiting, working, studying or living in another country.  Typical immigration services include; tourist/transit visas, study visas, work permits, residence permits and citizenship applications.  See more…

Search products…


The terms “visa” and “permit” are used to describe an immigration document. Typically the term “visa” is used for short term visits, and “permits” for longer term duration. However, globally it is not clearly defined. At, we use the term “permit” to describe both permits and visas for simplification.

See glossary…

see residence permits…

  How Immigration Services Work?

There is not one standard immigration process and each process depends on a number of key factors. These factors include; the “destination” country, your nationality / citizenship (e.g. EU or Non-EU citizen) and the reason for your immigration request (e.g. work, study, joining family…).


  Regional / Global Agreements:

Many countries and regions have reciprocal agreements, which, in theory, should make it easier to go through the immigration process. For example; All countries in the European Union (EU) and European Economic Area (EEA) have simplified immigration rules. This makes it easier for a citizen of an EU/EEA to live and work in another country within the EU/EEA/Switzerland agreement.  However, be aware that some countries do not have an agreement, or do not wish to be included in some types of immigration agreements. (E.g. the UK is not part of the so-called Schengen Agreement – which in theory makes immigration from an EU/EEA country to the UK more complicated – and vice versa.


  Immigration Advice

Immigration Advice is available on many official and unofficial places. In our experience, government websites are normally a good source of “information”, but they do not provide accountable immigration “advice”. 

Our experience also says that taking immigration advice from friends and family is also not such a great idea.  Immigration is a serious topic, and should be treated carefully.

There are many professional advisers (our “vendors”) available to assist you, with different types of services and fees. We are sure you will find the best adviser for your requirements here on

More on vendors

  Online/Electronic Process:

In many countries, you can apply for an immigration permit online. In the UK for example, the official government website is very helpful, but it does NOT give advice.  Therefore, you may wish to seek the help of a professional immigration adviser. These advisers normally work within a relocation / immigration company or a legal services company.



  Fees & Costs:

Generally, you will need to costs to official government and state departments during the immigration process. These include fees for applications, court translations, background checks etc.  Professional immigration advisers will also charge you a fee for their services. All fees quoted on are the fees for the advice only, and do NOT include the official application process costs, unless specifically stated by the vendor.